OVESCO are looking for an organised, self motivated Office Coordinator to support our community energy work in Sussex.
JOB TITLE: Office Coordinator
BASE: Lewes, East Sussex
SALARY: £20,000 pro rata
HOURS: 15 hours, ideally worked across Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Total hours: 15 per week (0.40 FTE)
CONTRACT: six months initially – may be extended dependent on funding.
PROBATION PERIOD: 3 month. Notice period: 1 month.
HOLIDAY: A pro rata allowance of 20 days per year as well as public and bank holidays, constituting an allowance of 84 hours
Purpose of the job:
- To ensure the smooth running of the Lewes office
- To support the individual OVESCO programmes, operations and communications
- Office management, including dealing with enquiries via email and phone; ordering stationery and supplies; ensuring compliance with data protection and health and safety requirements; ensure efficient running of the office including timely submissions to accountants, Companies House and the FCA
- Support for projects and events: including providing a contact point to current and potential OVESCO Limited members; supporting any OVESCO community share offers; making interest payments to OVESCO Limited members including a statement of interest received
- Support for meetings: including organising and taking minutes of board meetings and other meetings where necessary
- Finance support: including filing and helping with the management of banking, raising invoices and paying suppliers; helping the preparation of quarterly management reports for performance against budget; and liaising with Ofgem
- Communications support: including preparing and circulating newsletters; organising the AGMs of OVESCO’s Community Benefit Societies; managing the OVESCO web site and submitting updates as requested; managing OVESCO’s social media presence including Twitter and Facebook accounts; promoting events and maintaining website listings; managing investor correspondence
- Other duties to support the work of OVESCO where appropriate and as time allows.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills including time management and minute taking
- Good IT skills, familiarity with MS office and G Suite
- Experience of data protection policy and practice
- Self-motivated, enjoys working independently
- A positive team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible, helpful and realistic in their approach to work
- An interest in our mission to increase the take up community energy and the prevention of dangerous climate change
- Experience of using social media, ideally in a professional context, including Facebook, Youtube and Twitter
- Experience working within a charity or community environment
- Knowledge of community energy or a related area
- Familiarity with bookkeeping or accounting
- Knowledge of Human Resources and recruitment processes
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, covering letters should be a maximum of two pages in length, and outline how the applicant meets each aspect of the person specification. Any applications not complying with this will not be accepted.
The deadline for application is Friday 25th May 2018 at 9am. Please provide two references with your application and mention where you heard about the role.