Ouse Valley Solar Farm
Ovesco is developing Ouse Valley Solar Farm at Norlington Farm, north of Norlington Lane, Ringmer. The project will generate circa 16MW – the equivalent to power 4,000 homes. The solar farm will bring awareness of the need to reduce carbon emissions and to promote biodiversity as well as numerous education and environmental benefits to the community and wider area.
Lewes District Council has declared a climate emergency and laid out plans to reach carbon neutrality by 2030.Ouse Valley Solar Farm will add to local energy security, make a significant contribution to achieving the carbon reduction commitments of Lewes District and provide a long term annual benefit fund for the community.
How we work:
As a community energy company we always develop projects considerately. We will only develop solar farms on low productivity land and believe that the delivery of each project can be achieved in harmony with its surroundings.
The main benefits of generating clean, renewable energy from the Ouse Valley Solar farm:
• The project will support the UK’s urgent need to transition to a low carbon future, producing significant amounts of renewable energy.
• It will assist Lewes District Council to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in line with local, national and international targets
• Contribute towards the security of energy supply in the Lewes District through the provision of local, community led renewable energy supply.
• A solar farm as a temporary development enables agricultural land to rest for the period of operation.
• In addition to energy production, a solar farm supports biodiversity by allowing small animals, birds, insects and wildflowers to flourish.
• No protected landscape, heritage or ecological designations will be affected by the solar farm.
• We anticipate that construction will be complete in approximately 4 months from commencement.
• The proposed solar farm will not require Government subsidy.
• OVESCO is committed to using local suppliers during construction and operation where possible.
Keep an eye on this page which we will regularly update with information, feedback and FAQ’s Ringmer Parish Council will also be updated. We will hold events in Ringmer about the project and energy use in general, dates will be posted here when confirmed.
More information about this project can be downloaded here
For more information or if you would like to get involved or invest please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org